Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Dar a Luz Birthing Center

Well yesterday was my first appointment since I've been pregnant.  And it went very well.  Jordan and I are lucky to have found a birthing center called Dar a Luz, the only birthing center not attached to a hospital in Albuquerque.  Since I didn't want to give birth in a hospital and I didn't want to to it at home either Dar a luz was really our only choice and boy did we luck out! We also went to a birthing center in Utah with Norah but we weren't very happy with our experience, well after our first appointment here we can already tell it's going to be 100 times better!  Before they even scheduled an appointment they took my insurance information, contacted my insurance, and found out exactly what I would have to pay, that was very nice to know. My appointment lasted an hour! The midwife really took her time to get to know me and Jordan and Norah and she was very sincere.  We got to here the heart beat, and Norah thought it sounded like a dog, but I thought it sounded beautiful. He or she was very active moving all around, the midwife had to keep re-finding the heart beat.  The midwife said I'm 16 weeks and 2 days (which was my prediction) but she said I'm measuring at 17 or 18 weeks which I'm assuming means its going to be another BIG baby, oh no! But everything else looked good, and we've scheduled our Ultrasound for August 26 so only 19 more days until we know the gender!

Here's a little tour of the center if you are interested....
This is the birthing room, complete with a beautiful tub for a water birth :)

This is a waiting area/lending library, not pictured are all the toys that are available for kids to play with, Norah had a blast.

This pond is near the entrance of the center, Norah loves finding the huge goldfish that live there.

This is the view form the center, they also have a beautiful outdoor area complete with a jungle gym.

This is the visiting room, also complete with a couch, two chairs, book and toys for anyone who accompanies me to the appointments. 

I'm very satisfied so far and I look forward to my experience here.

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting! It looks like a great place! *Almost* makes me want to do a birthing center! ;)

    ReplyDelete