Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Coconut Curry Soup

Well its been two weeks since I posted, I wish I could say that I've just been really busy, but that is definitely not the case. Its something about being pregnant and having a lack of motivation, I can guarantee that my blog posts for the next few months will be sporadic and probably unorganized.  So hang in there with me!

So my last Tasty Tuesday post was Pad Thai, I had also made coconut curry soup and served it with the Pad Thai, it was delicious, and very simple!

Ingredients:
1 T vegetable oil
2 T chopped ginger
1 stalk lemon grass (or 1 T lemon grass paste)
1/2 red pepper, chopped
2 t curry paste (I used green)
4 C chicken broth
3 T fish sauce
1 T brown sugar
3 cans coconut milk
2 T lime juice
Cilantro


Begin by heating the oil over medium heat, add ginger, lemon grass, and red pepper.  Saute for 1-2 minutes.


Add remaining ingredients, excluding the coconut milk, lime juice, and cilantro.  Mix well, bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.  Add the last ingredients and continue cooking until milk is heated through. And that is it!


YUM!
I would highly recommend serving over rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment