Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What to Wear Wednesday: Wardrobe Essentials for the 2nd Trimester

Well here I am 16 weeks along and feeling pretty good, just trying to soak up the next month or so before things really start to get uncomfortable.  I can no longer sleep on my stomach which is a very big disappointment.  My belly is definitely growing so clothes wise I'm wearing loose fitting pre-pregnancy clothes, using my belly band, and wearing maternity clothes here and there for comfort. I've become attached to some pieces in my wardrobe that I have decided are essential for the 2nd trimester.

1) A blazer and graphic T. Blazers are great to add dynamic to many outfits and they are also great to hide that muffin top that is developing on my back :)  Unfortunately this one is getting a little tight in the arms so I'll have to get a new one for the 3rd trimester, I've got my eyes set on This One from Forever 21.
Blazer: thrifted
Shirt: Old Navy, belly band from target
Pants: Cotton On

2) A loose t-shirt.  I have this shirt in 3 different colors, I couldn't resisist! They are seriously so comfortable and have a lot of room for my growing belly, I'm expecting to be able to wear them through the whole pregnancy.


Shirt: Old Navy
Pants: H&M Maternity
Shoes: Target
Necklace: My Mom's closet :)

3) Chambray and a cotton pencil skirt. Button up shirts are great for materninty, if they were loose pre-pregnancy you can were them for a good while and once they can no longer button, wearing them open with a t-shirt underneath works great too.  I'm not sure I'll be able to fit into this skirt much longer, but basically any knit skirt is wonderful for pregnancy.


Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Old Navy
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Necklace: Kohl's

4) Maxi skirt and denim jacket.  Maxi skirts are an obvious must for pregnancy, so comfortable and so versatile.  A denim jacket is perfect for wearing throughout your pregnancy adding excitement to many outfits. 

Jacket: Levi's
Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Target
Necklace: Old Navy

5) Denim Vest.  I don't know quite what it is, but I really like denim vests, they are really good at covering up curves and they can be worn so many ways.


Shirt: Old Navy, belly band from Target
Vest: Old Navy
Pants: Old Navy
Shoes: Old Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment