Sunday, January 12, 2014

Spiritual Sunday: Book of Mormon

When I was young it was really easy to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon (What is the Book of Mormon?)  Life was simple and my testimony was simple, as I have gotten older my testimony has evolved and at some points faltered. Watching multiple members of my family leave the church and deny the Book of Mormon has definitely shaken me a bit.  It has caused me to think if they no longer believe it then why do I? For awhile I stopped reading any scriptures and had many doubts. Then one day I thought, "well if I'm not studying the scriptures and familiarizing my self with them then I can neither deny them nor believe them".  So I decided if I'm going to make a decision about these scriptures then I'm going to study them first with an open mind. And miracles have occurred.  I have only read the Book of Mormon from start to finish twice in my life and I decided to do it a third time and began reading on December 1st. It literally only took three days of dedicated studying to have the spirit testify to me of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. The introduction to The Book of Mormon states it perfectly, "if men will abide by its precepts, it will bring them closer to God than any other book." Its only been a month but I already feel closer to God and my testimony has been renewed.  The Book of Mormon truly testifies of God, and it provides a great amount of hope and comfort. YOU NEED TO READ IT! (I promise it won't kill you)

2 comments:

  1. Coincidences or the spirit? As the father of this family I also have been challenged in a similar way. It has been devastating to my spirit and I have been so discouraged. I have a lot to say but will limit it to thus morning. Last night I determined to read the Book of Mormon again to lift my spirits and rekindle my testimony. I am sitting in bed with a heating pad on my sore back and reading the intro to the Book of Mormon and immediately I feel its power and truthfulness. As I am reading my wife comes in and gives me her phone and says, "Here is something you will want to read". She handed me Katy's blog and my spirit was elevated and the discouragement left. Coincidence? I think not, for in the very moment of the spirit testifying to me that I needed to read the Book of Mormon and in the middle of reading the introduction I receive a witness that it is true, my daughter started a blog testifying of its truthfulness! Thank God for his tender mercies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Finished The Book Of Mormon For The Fifth Time In October. I Know That Its True And That There Is Nothing I Want Or Need More Than To Be Closer To God. Through The Heart Ache And Struggles In Life One Thing Always Remains Consistant, If We Put Our Trust In Jesus Christ He Will Bear Our Burdens With Us. He Will Send Answers Through The Scriptures When Our Faith Is Fading. Just As The Father Of The Sick Boy Asked Jesus,"Help Thou My Unbelief Jesus WilL Answer Our Pleas.

    ReplyDelete