Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Potato Soup

I looooooove soup! Especially potato soup! If I could make this recipe once a week with no complaint from my husband I would totally do it.  Here is what I do.

Ingredients:
8 potatoes washed and cut into bite size pieces (you can peel them if you prefer)
1 cup of carrots chopped
1 cup of celery chopped
1 onion chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
10 strips of bacon cut into bite size pieces
2 Tbs butter
2 cans chicken broth
2 cups water
1/2 Tbs seasoned salt
8 oz cream cheese (I have sour cream pictured which would work fine, but I prefer cream cheese)
Other preferred season (I tried salad supreme this time and really liked it)

Saute bacon pieces on medium heat until cooked through, place on a paper towel, and drain about 3/4 of the grease from the pan.
While the bacon is cooking you can chop all of your vegetables.
Add the butter to the pan with bacon grease.  Once the butter is melted saute the onions, celery, and garlic until onions are translucent. Add the potatoes, carrots, seasoned salt, and additional seasonings and saute for about 3 minutes.

 Add chicken broth and water, bring to a boil and then simmer for about thirty minutes, or until potatoes are soft.  Heat the cream cheese in the microwave for about 1 min and then add to the soup.  Then get out your handy dandy hand blender and blend away until you have reached your desired texture (if you don't have a hand blender you can try using a potato masher).  Add any additional salt, pepper, and seasonings.  Serve with bacon pieces and cheddar cheese.  I also love to eat mine with cornbread, it was a tradition in my home growing up.


Just look at that deliciousness!

We had already began eating before I remembered to take a picture.  This is honey cornbread, store bought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment