Friday, January 17, 2014

Fitness Friday: Swimming

Up until last year swimming was a very foreign sport to me.  I had never once taken a swimming lesson and had never attempted swimming for exercise and let me tell you, it has changed my life.  Swimming is such a fun way to exercise and so relaxing.  It is such a different experience from running and biking and I highly recommend everyone try it! It will be hard and uncomfortable at first but once you get it down it will be magical.  Sure you won't burn as many calories as other cardio workouts but it works different muscles and is great for breathing training.  I love to swim at least once a week, it gives my muscles a break from my other hard workouts but still enhances my fitness abilities.  So try it out!


Here is a good video to get you started if you don't know what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment