Friday, February 7, 2014

Fitness Friday: Training for a Triathlon

So you want to do a triathlon? Well I think you should, and I have found a great way to prepare for a sprint triathlon (5k, 12-15 mile bike, 300-500 meter swim).  I use a hand dandy little app called First Time Triathlon.  This particular app is for an android, but I'm sure there are great ones for the Iphone too, I'm also sure there are many other training apps that will do the job.  But if you don't want to do more research just use this one! It is $4.99 but I think it is well worth it.  It follows a 3 month training program, and helps you keep a good balance between all three events. It only requires about 1-2 hrs a day, that's one or two episodes of your favorite TV show that I know you can sacrifice, or watch while you are on the treadmill or a stationary bike! Pair this with the triathlon's Jordan and I are hosting once a month (join our event HERE, we are going to create a group soon) and you will be so ready to compete in a race this summer! Why should you do this, because it gives you something to work towards.  Its much more fun to work out if you have an end goal in mind. If a triathlon doesn't interest you Jordan and I are also preparing for a half marathon in April and next week I'll share how we are preparing for that.  I am always open to answering any questions you have about getting involved in triathlons.  And remember you are more capable than you think you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment