Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Tortilla Soup

I know I'm doing two soup posts in a row, what can I say, I love soup!! Chicken Tortilla soup is my second favorite soup, so I'll take any chance I get to make it.  So here it is...unfortunately I was missing some ingredients and had to send Jordan to the store, I got impatient waiting for him and took the pictures before I had the ingredients. So I only have two pictures that will actually be worth using. But I will certainly answer any questions if you leave them in the comment section!

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used half of a rotisserie chicken from Costco, it was easy and only $4.99!)
1 Tbs vegetable oil
1 onion diced
1 tsp garlic
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans chicken broth
1 8oz package cream cheese (or 1 cup sour cream) both are optional
1 8 oz can green enchilada sauce
1 can black beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 lime
Salt to taste

Saute the onions and garlic in 1 Tbs vegetable oil until onions become translucent.  Add chicken, taco seasoning, and water and saute for about 3 more minutes.  Add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the cream cheese and lime.  Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 min.  You will then add the cream cheese if desired.  The cream cheese has a hard time incorporating, so you will want to soften it in the microwave and then mix it with 1 cup of the soup to make it nice and smooth.  Once there are no lumps in the cream cheese mixture you can then add it to the rest of the soup.  Add lime juice to enhance the flavor, as much or as little as you like, I like a lot!
Serve with cheese and tortilla chips. YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment